WHEREAS Tigris Academy is a private educational enterprise for the education of children in grades K through 12th;
And WHEREAS Tigris Academy is a direct educational provider of a multitude of educational resources for families and uses any combination of correspondence courses, online programs, appropriate materials, tutors, and private instruction (hereinafter “Course(s) of Study”)
THEREFORE, Tigris Academy and _________________________ (hereinafter “Parent”) hereby make this agreement, stipulation and contract for ____________________, (hereinafter “Student”) for the school year commencing on the date of application and ending August 31, 2018.
1. Tigris Academy provides teaching and evaluations to the student in exchange for course fees.
2. Tigris Academy has certified teachers and homeschooling experts on staff to provide direct instruction and evaluations directly to Student.
3. Parent has the option to use online courses offered by Tigris Academy or one of its subsidiaries or, they may elect to choose their own commercial curriculum and receive direct instruction and/or evaluations from one of Tigris Academy’s certified teachers.
4. Parent can request that specific course materials and supplies are to be included with the Course of Study.
5. Tigris Academy reserves the right to approve or deny requests for additional educational resources not normally included in the Course of Study. If a request for additional educational resources is approved, Tigris Academy may, at its discretion, provide scholarship funding to Parent on behalf of Student to obtain the requested resources.
6. Scholarship funding is financed through Tigris Academy’s Scholarship Fund, which does not include any contributions from course fees paid by or on behalf of Parent.
7. Tigris Academy does not hold the course fees paid by or on behalf of Parent and claim them as an educational allowance for future disbursement or as a credit for future selection of goods/services.
8. A Student who academically withdraws from Tigris Academy or from an individual class will receive a refund of course fees as follows:
100-percent tuition will be reimbursed if Student withdraws from Tigris Academy courses within the first week of class.
75-percent tuition will be reimbursed if Student withdraws after submitting the first assignment and through the end of the second week of classes.
50-percent tuition will be reimbursed if Student withdraws after the second week of classes, but before the end of the fourth week of classes.
25-percent tuition will be reimbursed if Student withdraws after the fourth week of classes, but before the sixth week of classes.
No tuition will be reimbursed or credited after the sixth week of classes.
9. The terms and provisions in the Tigris Academy Enrollment Agreement constitute the entire agreement between Tigris Academy and Parent.
10. In case of legal dispute between Tigris Academy and Parent regarding any issue, the laws of the State of Utah shall be deemed to govern and the Third District Court, State of Utah shall be the appropriate forum. The parties shall participate in mediation prior to filing of any suit.
__________________________________ ______________ Parent Printed Name Date